Wednesday, July 5, 2017

What I would do differently next time - Using Arduinos Part 3

Knowing what I know, now, here is what I would do differently next time:
  1. Display the projects when they are done.  Again, I need to show the school what we are working on.  I think this would also force students to clean up their work and take more ownership of what they did.
  2. Get more supplies, specifically more battery packs, sensors, and box cutters.  The battery packs can be used so that the boards don't need to be plugged in.  Students who wanted to make cars needed to be untethered.  Also, I ended up also purchasing a re-sealable mat but I need more box cutters for students to be able to cut cardboard and plastic.  The sensors would also allow students to make more interactive projects.  I like the idea of the projects being interactive rather than just movable.
  3. Assign one group a kit.  I didn't do this the first time around and it got messy.  The boxes got messy and there was no one to take responsibility.  The second time around I had students put a piece of tape on their box and write there name on the tape.  It made organization SO MUCH BETTER!
  4. End with a "scavenger hunt" - really just to trick students into cleaning up.  I would make a mat with each of the items the box SHOULD have in it and then have students show that everything was in there to "check in" their materials so it would be ready to go for the next group!
Overall - it was a success!  I am definitely going to do this next year.  I am hoping I might be able to collaborate more with our engineering teacher to better understand the circuitry component - I think I am making a dent in it, but expanding my knowledge would be a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment